517879_All New Spider-Man X-celeRacers Sneakers!

Blog Archive

Shop Barefoot Dreams at PerriBerri

Books I am reading

BlogUpp!

Generic Seeds- Garden Seeds Starting at $1.39
Privacy Policy . Powered by Blogger.

Saturday, June 23, 2012

Super Whole Wheat Chocolate Pancakes

Mmmmm.....Chocolate!!!
My kids have been begging for me to make these, I haven't made them in ages. We didn't have much going this morning though so I gave in. You'll find over time that I have a big love for pancakes, I love to try different variations on pancakes. The key to me is taking tasty looking recipes and giving them a more healthy twist.

If you are looking for a morning chocolate fix this will do it for you!! Just be careful! There is a reason I don't make them often, once I eat one I want more, and I have to leave some for the kids. ;)

The addition of mashed bananas cuts back on the sugar a little and keeps them sweet but not too sweet!!
I was out but a dollop of whip cream would finish this off perfectly...hmm or mascarpone cheese. Sadly didn't have either on hand, next time for sure though!!
Super Chocolate Whole Wheat Pancakes
1 cup of whole wheat flour (I use white whole wheat-King Aurthur)
1 cup of milk (2% is what I used)
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla
1/4 cup of unsweetened coco powder
2 tbsp. melted butter
2 tablespoons sugar
1 ripe mashed banana
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1/3-1/2 cup chocolate chips depending on how chocolate chip filled you want your pancakes (1/3 is enough for us!)
***If you don't like or are allergic to bananas you could skip and up the sugar to 1/3 of a cup

In a mixing bowl add your dry ingredients and combine, then add the wet and lastly the chocolate chips. Do not over mix but make sure it is well combined and not overly lumpy.
Get a medium sized frying pan and heat to medium heat--do not over heat or your going to have burnt pancakes! Use butter to grease the pan.
Pour about 1 cup sized cakes into the pan and when the edges look a little set and the pancake is starting to bubble flip (about 2 mins) Give it another 2 mins or when the bottom looks done and voila!



No comments:

Post a Comment