517879_All New Spider-Man X-celeRacers Sneakers!

Blog Archive

Shop Barefoot Dreams at PerriBerri

Books I am reading

BlogUpp!

Generic Seeds- Garden Seeds Starting at $1.39
Privacy Policy . Powered by Blogger.

Saturday, May 19, 2012

Homemade Popsicles for a hot day!

Warm weather is here in Illinois! So this is the time the ice cream guy starts driving down our block. I'm always so torn because I don't want to take away from the fun of youth for my kids. I mean we all have memories for having Popsicles with our friends outside right? The ice cream man induces that Pavlov's dog response that even if I don't buy his goodies I know we are all going to want an icy treat!You know what? It's super easy to make your own Popsicles, so why not ignore the ice cream man an whip out on of your own treats that you know you can feel good about the kids having?
So all you really need is a Popsicle mold, you can find them almost anywhere this time of year

If that's not an option you could use those little paper drinking cups and Popsicle sticks, or an ice tray with toothpicks (over with foil after you fill them then insert the tooth picks, like I said easy!

So what do you fill them with? So many choices really, we do homemade fudge pops with Organic Chocolate Milk. You could puree fruit with yogurt or on it's own with a little sugar or honey. Juice of course would also be an easy way to go. It will take about 8 hours to freeze so make sure you plan ahead, my kids were checking on it constantly so it might be a good idea to do after they go to bed and then surprise them the next day.

As you can see they are happy, no preservative, no food colors and I am a happy mom!

No comments:

Post a Comment