517879_All New Spider-Man X-celeRacers Sneakers!

Blog Archive

Shop Barefoot Dreams at PerriBerri

Books I am reading

BlogUpp!

Generic Seeds- Garden Seeds Starting at $1.39
Privacy Policy . Powered by Blogger.

Thursday, September 13, 2012

Football season crock pot Chili!!

You know you have a good recipe when the kids give it two thumbs up! This Chili recipe is a keeper in our book. :) Tonight is the big Packers/Bears Game, and a rainy, cool night to top it off so this is a perfect dinner choice! For a larger group I would just double or triple the recipe, but in my small crock pot for the five of us this works great with a little left over for lunches...if my husband doesn't eat it all!! :)
Looks good right!? I love my crock pot because you throw the stuff in and that's it!
Ok with this you do have to brown the ground beef but that's nothing really!
So here ya go!! (I hope tonight's game lives up to the name!)

Michele's Crock Pot Bear Beating Chili!
1 lb of ground beef
26oz of chopped tomatoes (If you can find Pomi it's a great brand with no extra added junk or chop your own!!)
1 small can of tomato paste
1 can of Kidney Beans
1/2 cup of chopped red pepper (you could do green if you didn't have red)
1/2 small onion chopped
4 cloves of minced garlic
1 tsp of cumin
1 tbsp chili powder
2 shakes of Tabasco
1/2 tsp 3 qt  oregano
1 tsp of paprika
1/2 tsp salt
1/8 tsp of pepper
1/2 tsp curry powder
1/4 tsp of cayenne pepper
Cheddar Cheese- Hey I'm from Wisconsin I gotta have my cheese!
(This makes for a pretty mild chili, I have to keep it easy on the kids- you want more spice kick up the Tabasco, chili powder and cayenne, but do it slowly it does not take much to go from good, to burning your mouth!)
This is pretty easy, brown your ground beef, drain and
put it in the crock pot. Dump everything else in and mix. 
I use my small 3 Qt. for this and it's full to the top. If you
are doing this in the morn for a long day set on low. If you
are putting it on in the afternoon then set it to High. 
We always grate a little cheddar on the top and we are good
to go!  Enjoy!! Go Pack!!




No comments:

Post a Comment