517879_All New Spider-Man X-celeRacers Sneakers!

Blog Archive

Shop Barefoot Dreams at PerriBerri

Books I am reading

BlogUpp!

Generic Seeds- Garden Seeds Starting at $1.39
Privacy Policy . Powered by Blogger.

Friday, September 14, 2012

Awesome Whole Grain Egg Free Chocolate Chip Cookies

I'm so glad fall is here, summer was killing me on the baking front. We had record hot temps and there was no way I was going to turn on the oven unless I had to. So when my husband asked where the cookies were I was happy to whip up some of these guys!
They are not huge cookies but that's good because they are just just the right size for me because I can have two and not feel too bad.
This is adapted from Bob's Red Mills Recipe Enjoy!
  •    1/2 cup Margarine (Non-hydrogenated) (I use butter- I hate Margarine)
  •     1/3 cup Oil
  •     1-1/2 cups Evaporated Cane Juice Sugar
  •     2/3 cup Milk (Soy, Rice, Cow)
  •     2 tsp Vanilla
  •     2-1/2 cups Whole Wheat Pastry Flour (I used white whole wheat flour)
  •     1-1/4 cups Regular Rolled Oats
  •     1 tsp Baking Powder
  •     1 tsp Baking Soda
  •     1/2 cup Chocolate Chips*
Directions
Cream together margarine, oil and sugar until very well blended. Add in milk and vanilla and blend. In a separate bowl, mix together the flour, oats, baking powder and soda. Stir dry ingredients into wet ingredients. When half blended, add in the walnuts and chocolate chips. Mix everything until just blended, careful not to over mix. Refrigerate for 20 minutes. Place by the tablespoon on a greased cookie sheet. Bake at 350°F for about 10 minutes. Makes 2 dozen cookies.
*To make these truly unprocessed for October Unprocessed, use Enjoy Life Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips or break up your favorite unsweetened chocolate bar (just be sure to watch out for that pesky soy lecithin); choose to use applesauce or mashed bananas for the margarine and be sure to select an unprocessed oil, such as olive oil or coconut oil.


No comments:

Post a Comment