517879_All New Spider-Man X-celeRacers Sneakers!

Blog Archive

Shop Barefoot Dreams at PerriBerri

Books I am reading

BlogUpp!

Generic Seeds- Garden Seeds Starting at $1.39
Privacy Policy . Powered by Blogger.

Monday, July 9, 2012

Crock Pot Meat Loaf

I love meat loaf, for me it's the ultimate comfort food!! In the summer though when it's hot who wants to run an oven baking meat loaf? Then there is having the time to bake it when there is always so many things going on. So I've got the best fix it and forget it meat loaf you'll ever want.
Now I have been trying to get this recipe right for some time, the problem I always seem to come back to in the meat sitting in the grease. Yuck! Now mind you I don't want a dry meat brick either but how do you come up with a way in the crock pot to hit a happy compromise?
After reading a lot of other food blogs I came up with this...Take two pieces  of foil and fold them to a belt. then cross one over the other. Measure for the center a disk and make sure it's going to sit maybe a half inch above the bottom of the crock. Poke holes with a knife for drainage.
Voila! This is a 4qt crock (Yes I have a small and large crock) You could do a larger and get a pie plate and put the meat on it (turn the pie plate upside down) the grease will run off of it.

Crock Pot Meat Loaf
1 lb of ground beef
1/2 cup of oatmeal
1 tbsp Onion Powder
1 tsp Worcestershire Sauce
1 tbsp Ketchup 
1 tbsp Italian Seasoning
1 egg
1/4 tsp pepper
1/2 tsp salt
1/8 cup milk
Mix in items with milk going in last.
Form into a loaf and place in crock. I squirt Ketchup on top as well.
Cook on High for 4 hrs low for low for 6 (no more than 8 hrs)
In the last 30 mins you could put some American cheese to melt on top!

*A note for summer cooking that I read on someones page and it is great advice-If you have a summer porch cook you food out there or in the garage so you don't heat up your house!! 
Happy Eating!

No comments:

Post a Comment