517879_All New Spider-Man X-celeRacers Sneakers!

Blog Archive

Shop Barefoot Dreams at PerriBerri

Books I am reading

BlogUpp!

Generic Seeds- Garden Seeds Starting at $1.39
Privacy Policy . Powered by Blogger.

Thursday, July 12, 2012

Steal Cut oatmeal with Strawberries and Banana

If this is your first time reading, you may not know but I LOVE food network. I could veg on the couch all day watching shows, and be very happy, that's the foodie in me I guess.
So The other day I happened across Jamie Dean's new show (he's one of the son's of Paula Dean.) In watching I feel very jealous of Jamie Dean's wife- lol. What I would not give to have a man who could cook for me like that! (I love my husband but cooking is not his thing....unless you want spaghetti every night.)
Today Jamie was making a brunch for his wife and boys, and the Steal Cut Oatmeal with banana and strawberries. It looked super yummy and I have been looking for a good way to try to make Steal Cut Oats. They are super good for you, but unlike quick oats take more time to make, so if I am putting that much time into making oatmeal it better be amazing! Guess what? It is!!!! Creamy, lovely warm soft berries and filling for the morning.

The banana's melt into this if they are nice and ripe!! 


 My taste-tester approves!

Steel Cut Oatmeal with Strawberries and Banana
Adapted from Jamie Dean on the food network

1 tbsp Unsalted butter
1 Cup of Steel Cut Oats (not quick)
1 cup of Milk (I used 2%)
3 Cups of Water
3 tbsp brown sugar
1/2 tsp salt
1 ripe banana sliced
2 cups of chopped strawberries
1 tsp vanilla 
Maple Syrup

Directions

Melt the butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add the oats and toast, while stirring, until they smell nice and nutty, about 3 minutes. Add water, the milk, brown sugar and salt. Turn up the heat, bring to a simmer and cover. Cook for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally to keep the oats from sticking to the bottom of the pan. Remove the lid and stir in the banana. Cover again and cook for 10 more minutes, stirring on occasion, until the oats are soft and creamy. Stir in the berries right before serving along with the vanilla and a  light swirling of maple syrup, stir and serve! 
Happy Eating!!

No comments:

Post a Comment