517879_All New Spider-Man X-celeRacers Sneakers!

Blog Archive

Shop Barefoot Dreams at PerriBerri

Books I am reading

BlogUpp!

Generic Seeds- Garden Seeds Starting at $1.39
Privacy Policy . Powered by Blogger.

Friday, May 18, 2012

Yeah for Farmer's Market day coming!

So we are luck enough here to have a nearby Spring Farmer's Market! I usually go to the one in Grayslake, and the Kenosha Harbor outdoor Market is opening this weekend!
If you have yet to try a farmers market I highly suggest you try it! You can talk to the farmer, and you know you are getting the freshest produce possible! This link here can help you to find a local market if you don't know where to find one. It also has links to local CSA's which is something I have yet to venture into (CSA= Crop share. You are buying into a group where the farmer is sending you/or you are picking up a share of the harvest for that week.) I am kind of set in my ways about wanting to pick out my items, not leaving it to someone else.
There are so many other things at the farmers market besides veggies and fruit too! Of course this will differ from market to market but our spring market in Grayslake has bread, cheese, eggs, meat's, canned goods, sweets and flowers. It theory I could probably not have to go to the grocery store for nothing more than basics! It is kind of a goal of mine to see if I could only go to the grocery store twice a month. Not sure if I can do it but hey it's a challenge I am happy to try!
Do you have a farmer's market you love to go to!? I'd love to hear about it so feel free to share!

No comments:

Post a Comment