517879_All New Spider-Man X-celeRacers Sneakers!

Blog Archive

Shop Barefoot Dreams at PerriBerri

Books I am reading

BlogUpp!

Generic Seeds- Garden Seeds Starting at $1.39
Privacy Policy . Powered by Blogger.

Thursday, May 17, 2012

Best Beach & Sport Sunscreens | EWG's Skin Deep® | 2012 Sunscreen Report

So I know this is mostly a food blog, but I am passionate about watching the chemicals put into my families bodies from all sources. So when I was talking to my dad today he was relaying a news story about how some Sunscreen might actually be causing cancer. Dad lives in Florida so that is pretty big news down there, in Illinois we are just starting to think about using sunscreen on a daily basis. Actually I just bought a tube the other day (before reading this)
I would have no idea that safety wise per the EWG (The Environmental Working Group) The above sunscreen I bought rated a 3 on a scale of 0-10. That puts it in the middle of the road for safety, with some chemicals in it being known for possibly causing cancer. Yikes! So I have the link below for you to find the safest sunscreen, or to see how what you are using rates. Like they said on School House Rock when we were kids Knowledge is Power! ;)
Best Beach & Sport Sunscreens | EWG's Skin Deep® | 2012 Sunscreen Report

2 comments:

  1. The EWG has a cosmetics database, too, it ranks all kinds of beauty producs ... shampoos, cleansers, cosmetics, etc. It's a pretty interesting site.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooo! I need to look at that too!

    ReplyDelete