517879_All New Spider-Man X-celeRacers Sneakers!

Blog Archive

Shop Barefoot Dreams at PerriBerri

Books I am reading

BlogUpp!

Generic Seeds- Garden Seeds Starting at $1.39
Privacy Policy . Powered by Blogger.

Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Tuesday's Top 5!

So I decided every Tuesday I'm going to give you my top 5 favorite things. Sometimes it will be food things, sometimes it will be other stuff.
So for this week:


Annie's Homegrown Organic Whole Wheat White Cheddar Mac and Cheese! I have tried to make the home made stuff, sadly my kids are used to the Kraft stuff. So when I found this I had to do a little dance. It tastes about the same and the ingredients are do able for me: Organic Whole Wheat Pasta Shells From Durum Wheat, Organic Cheddar Cheese (Organic Cultured Pasteurized Milk, Salt, Non-Animal Enzymes), Organic Whey, Salt, Natural Sodium Phosphate. Sodium is still a little high at 570mg but still lower than Kraft at 580mg but in the big picture still waaaay better, oh and no Yellow #5 or 6! As much as I try to stick to real, non-pre made food, I still need some quick and easy meals.
     2.
Benefit Make up's "The POREfessional" I discovered this magical potion last week at Ulta, I have big pours which drives me NUTS. They are not easy to cover and as I have gotten older it's gotten worse. So this great "prep" step to your make up makes a huge difference.
   3.
Ghirardelli Chocolate Chips- I currently buy the 60% Cacao chips but need to look for the 72% as over 70% has the highest health benefits. The Ghirardelli chips have real vanilla (other brands use the fake stuff-yuck!) And 6 grams of sugar over the 8grams in say Hershey's.
4. Green Drinks! A few months ago I watched a documentary called Fat, Sick and nearly Dead. It was an eye opening movie about Joe Cross a man who was obese and on a whole lot of meds. Through juicing he totally turned it around. Now I have done a good job of loosing weight (almost 50lbs over the past 3 years!) but I tend to do well for awhile then not so good and gorge on carbs, the carbs I don't need a lot of that is you know bread, crackers, cookies etc. So I find that if I drink one to two of these a day I crave less junk and over all feel better. Plus it is way easier to get all the veggies I need in a day this way over trying to eat them solo, and it's raw so I don't loose anything from cooking it! My green juice consists of Kale, celery, cucumber, ginger and green apple. If you haven't tried juicing I'd highly recommend it!
5. Lastly Classical Music!! Having three kids by the witching hour of 4 most days I am ready to pull my hair out! I have to say I have found that by playing classical music I can take myself to a happy place and stay calm. Currently on my Rhapsody account I am listening to "Classical Music for Relaxation and Meditation. That and a good cup of herbal tea and I am much better!

So that's my top 5 for this week. If you are interested in hearing more about a topic please let me know I'll be happy to share!

No comments:

Post a Comment