517879_All New Spider-Man X-celeRacers Sneakers!

Blog Archive

Shop Barefoot Dreams at PerriBerri

Books I am reading

BlogUpp!

Generic Seeds- Garden Seeds Starting at $1.39
Privacy Policy . Powered by Blogger.

Wednesday, June 13, 2012

The Best Oatmeal cookie I've ever had!

I hate to admit it, but last week I broke my rule and got a store bought cookie, I could not help myself they looked so good!
I was right...
It was the most amazing oatmeal cookie I had ever had!!! This was a cookie that haunts your dreams good. this was I ate far too many good and now they are gone.
For those of you who have been reading for awhile you know I have a love for oatmeal cookies, I've posted a recipe not long ago, you know what? Don't make that one....make this one!
Anywho...
For like a week I kept thinking, how could I make this cookie? I looked at the ingredient list on the box, it was labeled an "artisan" cookie but I had to laugh because it had a whole lot of "NOT" artisan things in it.
The biggest thing that gave it this lovely flavor was toffee melted bits. I now know toffee = Heaven.
However, making Toffee is not an easy task, or not one I was wanting to undertake right now at least.
I had to look up what makes toffee and there staring at me was the answer!
Butter! Oh not just any butter, you've got to brown your butter baby. Don't believe me? Try it, I promise it amps up your cookie flavor like you would not believe!!
Mmmmm!!! And now I'm drooling and need a cookie.

Brown Butter Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
1 stick (1/2 cup) butter browned
2/3 light brown sugar
1 egg
1/2 tsp vanilla 
1/8 tsp pure almond extract
3/4 cup of White Whole Wheat Flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp salt
1 and 1/2 cups of rolled oats (not quick cook!)
1/2 cup of raisins 
*Note: You will want to chill your dough before you bake it, so do not preheat until you are done mixing the dough!!

1. In a pan take the stick of butter and cut into tablespoon size pieces. On a Medium heat melt your butter (stir from time to time!) watch for it to come to a light golden brown color (it will foam, this is good) As soon as it hits light golden brown remove it from the heat and pour into a bowl to cool sightly. Still wondering what I am talking about watch this.

2. Add Sugar, eggs, vanilla almond extract and cream smooth with your mixer.
3. In another bowl mix your dry ingredients together.
4. A little at a time add your dry ingredients to your wet and combine.
5. Fold in your raisins and put your bowl into the refrigerator to chill. While you do this preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
6. Chill dough for about 15-20 mins.
7. Scoop tablespoon sized balls onto your cookie sheet (I always line mine with parchment paper!!) If you don't make sure you grease your cookie sheet. Flatten slightly, these cookies will not spread a lot.
8. Bake for about 12-14 mins.

This makes about 2 dozen cookies for me, they are smaller cookies but that's good because you won't be able to eat just one ;)





No comments:

Post a Comment