517879_All New Spider-Man X-celeRacers Sneakers!

Blog Archive

Shop Barefoot Dreams at PerriBerri

Books I am reading

BlogUpp!

Generic Seeds- Garden Seeds Starting at $1.39
Privacy Policy . Powered by Blogger.

Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Strawnanna Muffins to start your day!

So I've been a slacker this week, and for that my readers I apologize! Having the kids gone had made it so easy to get things done, so I've been super productive on house type things (Yeah!). On cooking thinks not so much....(boo!)
It's pretty easy to get on with just salads, and sandwiches  for meals when the kids are not around! So today I got motivated to try out some recipes that were spinning in my head.

The first one being this yummy muffin that I was inspired to concoct by the produce in my house getting ripe, with only me to eat it. (I have one of those husbands who is not overly into eating produce sadly.)
I know what I'll be having for breakfast tomorrow (and passing out to my friends!)

 It's lightly sweet with little pieces of strawberries and bananas in every bite! A great recipe to have on hand as we are in strawberry season! I'll be posting the cookie recipe next don't worry folks! Those turned out equally phenomenal!!
So are you ready to get your fruity muffin on..all right!
Strawnana Muffins
2 cups of white whole wheat flour
2 tsp/ baking powder
1/4 tsp. salt
1/2 cup (or one stick) unsalted butter (softened)
1/2 cup on honey
2 large eggs
1/2 cup of milk
1 tsp vanilla
1 ripe banana cut in small in small pieces
1 cup of diced fresh strawberries

1. Preheat your oven to 375 degrees and line your muffin tin with paper bake cups
2. In a small bowl mix your flour, salt, baking powder and set to the side.
3. In a large bowl cream your butter, honey, (one at a time) eggs and vanilla (I would use a mixer, by hand you don't really get the creaminess as you will with a mixer.)
4. Slowly and a little at a time of each add the flour and milk to the butter mixture.
5. Fold in the strawberries and banana.
6. Spoon the batter into the cups to just over 3/4ths full.
7. Bake for about 20 min or until a toothpick comes out clean when you put it into the center.
8. Cool for about 10 Min's. Should yield 12-14 muffins.
Enjoy!!



No comments:

Post a Comment