517879_All New Spider-Man X-celeRacers Sneakers!

Blog Archive

Shop Barefoot Dreams at PerriBerri

Books I am reading

BlogUpp!

Generic Seeds- Garden Seeds Starting at $1.39
Privacy Policy . Powered by Blogger.

Monday, July 23, 2012

So I've been asked for more quick and easy dinners!! Well here is one that fit's the bill for us! 
I always try to have bacon on hand, so many things you can do with bacon (plus who doesn't love bacon!?) 
So when we are running short on time, or I just feel uninspired to make what I planned I can quickly whip up something with the bacon!
Maybe I'll just make breakfast for dinner, the kids love to mix it up and have pancakes and bacon for dinner. My husband I have to confess is less of a fan of this though. Breakfast belongs in the morning not at dinner for him. So I had to get creative and come up with a dinner recipe that I could make with my beloved bacon that was also quick and easy.
And so I found a little Italian dish called pasta Amatriciana that makes a great dinner or side to a meal! Or as my kids call it Bacon-ey Pasta!


Bacon-ey Pasta Dinner
One Package of Bacon* chopped into bite sized pcs. 
2 med. tomatoes chopped into small pcs.
1 small yellow onion chopped
4 garlic cloves chopped
1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
1/8 tsp chili powder
1 package of bow tie pasta
2 tbsp olive oil
1/4 cup of Marsala red wine
3 tbsp basil (a little more if fresh)
1/2 cup of Romano (or Parmesan) cheese

In a pan fry up your bacon till brown and put to the side and drain oil from pan. 
(* I find it easier to chop up my bacon if it is a little frozen. Then it does not move all over so I will pre-freeze my bacon for an hour or two before chopping)

Bring a pot of water to a boil add 2 tbs salt and pasta and cook for the time per the pasta package. When done drain your pasta but keep 1/4 cup of the pasta water.
While the pasta is cooking:
In your frying pan add olive oil, onion, and after 2 mins add garlic, pepper flakes, and chili powder. 
After the onions become translucent add the wine and get all the good stuff off the bottom of your pan (I use my silicone backing scraper to help with this!) Add your tomatoes and pasta water and let the liquid reduce by half. 
When the sauce is ready toss with the pasta, basil, and cheese and enjoy!
Happy Eating!




No comments:

Post a Comment