517879_All New Spider-Man X-celeRacers Sneakers!

Blog Archive

Shop Barefoot Dreams at PerriBerri

Books I am reading

BlogUpp!

Generic Seeds- Garden Seeds Starting at $1.39
Privacy Policy . Powered by Blogger.

Monday, September 10, 2012

Pumpkin Late that you can feel good about!

Hello! So it's been awhile...I've been a slacker blogger I admit it. The start of school, scouts, and a million other things (including us getting a new dog! Yes I am that crazy I guess!) has had me going in ten different directions. Finally thought we are back in the groove!
Yeah!
The fall weather is finally hitting here in Illinois so that is a big boost to my mood I love the cool crisp weather. Sadly one of my favorite fall indulgences reared it's head the other day when I was out. Oh Pumpkin Late how I love thee!! I broke down and got one from, you know that place with the green and white goddess looking logo place. I was jazzed, yeah I knew it was not a good thing for me and all but it's a weird Pavlovian thing when I hear the word fall.
Something happened though, my beloved late tasted like....sugar syrup, blech. You know it probably always did but the fact is I was eating some of that stuff before and so now that my pallet has adjusted it just does NOT taste good. Waaahhh!!
So what's a girl to do!? Pick herself up and google how to make a pumpkin late of course!! :)
Ok I know, where's the whip cream? Next time, but I am trying to cut back a little on the calories so no whip for me.
This was super easy and if you had a steamer (I do not) it would be 100x's even more like that Star something or other place.
Wonder why it's bad? Read this
So How do we make a better syrup? (Thank you blisstree for the inspiration!!
Pumpkin Spice Latte
1 Cup of Water
3 Tbsp of Pumpkin Puree
1/2 cup of pure maple syrup
2 tsp of Pumpkin Pie Spice

Put all your item into a pan and whisk as you bring to a boil, as soon as it comes to a boil drop it down to low heat. Let it simmer for about 5-10 mins until it coats the back of your spoon.
Let the mixture cool and pour into an air tight container and refrigerate (I use a little thermos)

Before you make your coffee put your cream and syrup in (I use about 2 tbs cream and 3 tbsp of syrup) mix well. Every one's taste is different so you'll need to experiment a bit with it! Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment