517879_All New Spider-Man X-celeRacers Sneakers!

Blog Archive

Shop Barefoot Dreams at PerriBerri

Books I am reading

BlogUpp!

Generic Seeds- Garden Seeds Starting at $1.39
Privacy Policy . Powered by Blogger.

Thursday, April 11, 2013

Gluten Free Chicken Noodle Soup in the crock pot (the the best gluten free noodles I have found to date!)

So I am in a little over a week and a half now into going Gluten free. I can't lie I have had two cheats, over all though I think that's pretty good!! I can feel a difference for sure in how my body over all feels. I am down a total of 5 lbs too!! I did find a noodle that I have to saw is awesome! My husband had no clue, and I have tried Gluten free noodles before and we all could tell they were...um...different from normal wheat noodles. There for sure have more of a "Normal" not whole wheat noodle. 
So when I make spaghetti I make the whole package and save about 1/4 of it to put into my soup. Before you put it in the soup you just chop the cooked noodle up into small bite sized pieces. How easy is that :)

I love this chicken soup, you can add pasta, you could add rice or just up the veggies in it! It's my winter/spring weather staple for cold gloomy days! This is always made after doing a crock pot roast chicken. Make your chicken stock the night before or a few days and you won't need to get stock from the store. It's a great way to stretch your whole chicken to at least two or three meals. So enjoy this soup with some freshly made crusty bread if your not going gluten free or all on it's own. Canned soup can't touch this! 
Enjoy, and Happy Eating!! :)

Crock pot Chicken Noodle Soup
1/2 tbsp of butter
1-2 cups of cooked chicken chopped into bite sized pieces
4 cups of chicken broth 
1/2 tsp of garlic minced
1/2 yellow onion chopped
2 cups of baby carrots or chopped carrot coins
3 stalks of celery chopped
1 tbsp Italian seasoning
3 bay leaves
salt (I think I used maybe a tbsp-I would start out at a tsp and go up from there on your preferred taste) and pepper to taste 
a squeeze of fresh lemon juice
1 cup of chopped up cooked noodles or rice

1-Warm up your butter on high and once melted add your onion and let it warm up for about 5 min. Make sure to stir so it doesn't burn to the bottom of the pot.
2-Now dump all the remainder ingredients (not the noodles or rice thought)-See easy!!
3- Leave it for 3-5 hours on high or 8-10 on low- before your last 20 min add your pasta or rice. If you add it too soon it will become much and you don't want to have mushy noodle soup-ick. So Make sure you follow this step!

This recipe freezes great as well!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment