517879_All New Spider-Man X-celeRacers Sneakers!

Blog Archive

Shop Barefoot Dreams at PerriBerri

Books I am reading

BlogUpp!

Generic Seeds- Garden Seeds Starting at $1.39
Privacy Policy . Powered by Blogger.

Monday, April 1, 2013

Crock Pot Whole Roast Chicken easy as can be!

I have been making this for over a year now, and every time I seem to amaze folks that is how I make my whole chicken! The smell that fills the house is heavenly, and a whole chicken is usually anywhere between two to three meals for our family of five! 

For me this chicken breaks up coming out, if I didn't have it on as long as I do it would probably stay whole (not that is has to, but if it bothers you that would be a solution :) ) The skin comes out crispy-ish (if you were to suck out some of the juices about half way through that might make it crispier.)
So once we are done with dinner I take most what meat is left and bag it for wraps, salad, or chicken tacos (there are tons of things one can do) and take the bones (some still leaving meat on) throw it in the crock pot, cover with water, onion, celery, carrots, onion, and a bay leaf and leave it on low over night, and voila chicken stock!! So Chicken soup is something we have every few weeks!
So skip the store Rotisserie Chicken at the store- the aroma therapy is worth doing it yourself!! :)

Crock Pot Rotisserie Chicken

  • 1 Whole Chicken (I use a 6 lb. most times)
  • 1 lemon whole
  • 4-5 garlic cloves peeled
  • 2-3 tbs of butter 
  • spice rub mix- 1 tsp paprika, 1 tsp onion powder, 1 tsp cumin, 1 tsp sea salt, 1/2 tsp black pepper
Wash off the chicken and pat dry with a paper towel, Lift the chicken skin and insert a few pats of butter and garlic cloves.
Rub the spice mix all over your chicken!
Insert the Lemon and 2-3 garlic cloves and any left over seasoning in the cavity
Put the chicken into the crock pot and set to High for 4 hours (if it's on longer it will still be fine, you will just have very tender chicken!)

2 comments:

  1. My coder is trying to persuade me to move to .net from PHP.

    I have always disliked the idea because of the expenses.

    But he's tryiong none the less. I've been using Movable-type on various
    websites for about a year and am concerned about switching to another platform.
    I have heard excellent things about blogengine.
    net. Is there a way I can transfer all my wordpress content into it?
    Any help would be greatly appreciated!

    Here is my blog post ... Pikavippi 18 V 200

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have no idea to be honest. I am figuring things out as I go ;)

      Delete