517879_All New Spider-Man X-celeRacers Sneakers!

Blog Archive

Shop Barefoot Dreams at PerriBerri

Books I am reading

BlogUpp!

Generic Seeds- Garden Seeds Starting at $1.39
Privacy Policy . Powered by Blogger.

Monday, April 1, 2013

Menu Planning Monday!! 4/1/13

Happy April 1st!! Well it's the last day of spring break for my kids, and I think we are ALL ready for things to go back to normal!
Anyone else got eggs up to ying-yang!? Kate and I are the only egg eaters really in the house, I guess I will be eating LOTS of hard boiled eggs this week!

This week is also the start of my attempt to try a new eating plan. There's been lots of hype about it so I recently read "Wheat Belly" and it talks a lot about the effects gluten has on our system. It's not the first time I have done something similar to this, I've done South Beach on and off for years. I lost the bulk of my baby weight from doing that, and felt the best I have in my life when I did it. Why do I stop? What can I say bad habits are hard to break! Plus I LOVE my carbs and sweets, sadly though they do not love me! I figure if I can be a little smarter about it maybe I can start to feel better.
This isn't going to be an easy change, after all I have three kids and a husband who would riot it I threw out all bread type substances in the house-lol. The recipe book has ideas and recipes to go with the diet, but I'll be honest, with my schedule I don't know that I would have time to make some of the bread/cookie replacements. That said, it's pretty easy to stick to the basics for me- Meat, veggies, fruit, and I will try to just serve more brown rice, and oats (these as a rule are gluten free) at meals as a whole to avoid temptation.
So with out further delay, this is my meal plan for the week:

Monday-Crock pot roast chicken (I will post an easy recipe today! :) )--Make Chicken Stock after!
Tues- Tuscan Chicken Sausage and Potatos
Wed- Meatless meal night!! Brown Rice and Black Bean Fiesta Bowls
Thurs-Chicken & Rice Soup night made from the left overs Monday and left over rice from Wed!
Friday-Spaghetti night (I am making mine with Shirataki noodles and brown rice noodles for everyone else!)
Sat- Leftover night!!
Sunday- Crock pot Chili (my kids love this!!)
Have a great week everyone!! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment